With the new facts revealed on George Floyd's arrest and death, the story has changed completely.
What we were told before:
- Floyd never resisted before he was cuffed
- Floyd never resisted after he was cuffed
- Floyd being arrested and cuffed was unnecessary
- Floyd was taken to the ground by police
- Floyd being restrained after he was cuffed was completely unwarranted
- Floyd said "I can't breathe" only when the officer had him on the ground with his knee on his neck, so the officer should have believed him
- Floyd died of asphyxiation because the officer had his knee on Floyd's neck
What we know now:
- Floyd resisted police as he was removed from his parked car, which is why he was cuffed
- Floyd also resisted being cuffed, and police had to struggle to cuff him
- Floyd struggled and resisted being put in a patrol vehicle to be transported to the station
- Floyd told police he was "not going to get in the car"
- Floyd fell to the ground on purpose to prevent being put into a patrol car to be taken to the station. The police did not take Floyd to the ground at all.
- As a suspect who resisted police when they tried to remove him from the vehicle, when they tried to cuff him, and when they tried to put him into a patrol car to take him to the station, fell to the ground on purpose to try and stop police from transporting him, restraining him to prevent him from resisting yet again was not only warranted, but was the sensible thing to do.
- Floyd first said "I can't breathe" when he was standing, resisting officers and had no knee on his neck, which could have led the officer to ignore that claim as probable bullshit later
- Floyd did not die of asphyxiation accord to the autopsy report. He likely died of a heart attack due to the stress of the arrest and possibly drugs in his system.
These two stories are radically different; in fact they are very nearly the exact opposite of each other. This turns the entire media narrative on its head.
Video is of cops trying (and failing) to get Floyd into a patrol car for transport to the station.
Facebook has upheld Donald Trump’s suspension but will revisit the decision in six months. (Ridiculous for many reasons including that more coordination for January 6th happened on Facebook than anywhere else...including Parler.)
Curious if you guys are even on Facebook anymore. I see lots of messages from people who have deleted it or just don’t use it. Are there any features that you miss which we should incorporate here on Locals?
A big welcome to all the new folks who joined the community today! (And yes I’ll be signing those cards and mailing them out to you ASAP!)
While we do plenty of politics and culture around here it’s also a lot of pet and food pics. And since we have so many new members today it seems like a good time to start a pet pic thread. Here’s Clyde...now everyone introduce your furry friends!