The Rubin Report Community
I’ve created The Rubin Report community so that people like you can engage with our content and conversations with the same level of respect, thoughtfulness and curiosity as I treat the show. By making this community subscriber exclusive, we are asking for you to have a little skin in the game. That will keep away most of the trolls and haters and keep the level of discourse here at a high standard. Since the community site and app aren’t open-platforms, we won’t get lost in a conflicting, untenable Terms of Service. You can post whatever you’d like here as long as it’s legal by United States law. With that in mind though, this is my community and just as I wouldn’t invite just anyone into my home, I don’t want just anyone in here either. Building a truly impactful community is gonna take a little maturation on our part. So we’ll have a simple few guidelines.
- Try to keep conversation respectful, without personal attacks.
- Don’t endlessly blow up other members’ feeds. If someone isn’t responding to you, let it be. Be better than the trolls.
- We strongly encourage real names associated with the accounts. Let’s build a real community of real people here. I’ve made friends and business connections with many of you, but I’ve yet to meet a frog with Trump hair in real life!
- Don’t post pornography, graphic images or anything like that. We’ll use the “I’ll know it when I see it” policy.
- If you are here just to wreck the place or bring chaos, we’ll delete your account. We are trying to clean up the conversation. You’ll get a warning or two but that’s it.
- I don’t stand by or endorse everything said here. Possibly even some of the things I say!
- Post things that aren’t purely political! Food, family, sports. Let’s make this a real community outside of the political minutia.
- Bring your new ideas to the table. Don’t just respond to my posts, post some of your own thoughts and ideas, too!
- Know our system isn’t perfect and isn’t for everyone, and that we’ll evolve with you.
- Most importantly, have fun.
Dave’s journey from a Progressive to a free thinking Classical Liberal has been an on going adventure. Like most American’s Dave spent the majority of his adult life subscribing to a certain Lefty political narrative which is fed to all of us through the cultural, political and media machine. Fed up with these “factory settings” and click-bait news, Dave decided to open up about his awakening, for all to see. He came to realize that no person or idea should be expected to join a side, but rather they should embrace their status as an individual. He now feels that the modern Left has lost its way by taking political correctness and groupthink to a dangerous level, distracting from the true American dream of the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. This doesn’t mean that the Right is always right, but libertarians, conservatives and others have been welcoming of Dave’s message, even when he goes against their specific political beliefs.
Dave’s background as a stand up comedian, degree in political science, and willingness to listen without fighting has uniquely positioned him to tackle big ideas and uncomfortable truths with thought leaders from both sides of the aisle. His show The Rubin Report aims to create civil discourse with people we both agree and disagree with, and host a dialogue with others whose ideas are judged before being given the chance to be presented in an honest way.
Dave puts out new episodes of “The Rubin Report” each week, speaks to crowds around the world, including joining Dr. Jordan Peterson on the “12 Rules for Life Tour,” and performs stand up comedy across the United States. His first book, “Don’t Burn This Book” comes out in April, 2020 to be published by Penguin Random House.
The Rubin Report initially began as Dave’s personal exploration of these ideas and has its roots in his “awakening”. Today, Dave believes that the classical liberal ideals which form the basis of American political life and Western thought at large are increasingly undermined by progressive groupthink in academia, mass media, and politics. His goal with Locals is to give those ideals a place to come back to life in the context of honest and robust discourse free of prejudice, much in the vein of The Rubin Report. Drawing upon his first-hand experience as a former progressive, as well as his education in political science, his background as a stand-up comedian, and his ability to listen without prejudice to a diverse range of opinions, Dave has turned The Rubin Report into a potent force for challenging the culture of political conformity at the expense of free thought that has come to define the “Regressive Left” today, and he hopes to do the same with Locals. In addition to launching Locals, Dave is currently taping season 5 of his talk show. He recently joined Dr. Jordan Peterson on the global “12 Rules for Life Tour,” and is also performing stand-up comedy in cities around the U.S.